Jalapeno Poppers were one of those things that I loved but figured there was no way under the sun to make that spicy goodness even remotely healthy or even just not horrible for me. Then I went out to eat and saw them on the menu and wanted them, alot. Like so much that i may have bought an order for the table and eaten them all myself, but that is really beside the point judgey judgerton.
After I ate them and my stomach decided to hate me for a few days, I decided I should probably not do that again and set out to figure out how to make them in a way that might actually be guilt free and maybe (gasp) have some health benefits!
Don’t worry, I wouldn’t believe me either, but I dare you to try the recipe below and not love them – they are crave-able and even have added protein with the addition of the secret ingredient, cottage cheese!
3 Fresh Jalapeno’s
2 Slices Turkey Bacon
½ Cup Cottage Cheese
¼ Cup Cheddar Cheese
½ tsp Garlic Powder
Dash of Salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 Degrees
- Slice each jalapeno in half long ways and clean out the seeds. Place on nonstick pan and set aside
- Mix cottage cheese and cheddar cheese with the garlic powder, salt & pepper in small food processor or blender and mix until smooth.
- Place approximately 1 Tablespoon of cheese mixture into each jalapeno half until filled
- Wrap each jalapeno with 1/3 slice of bacon and attach with a toothpick
- Place in oven and cook for 12-15 minutes until the bacon is browned and crispy
Click here for some more snacking recipes to hit the spot.
One thought on “Jalapeno Poppers”