Wings…. oh how I love me some wings. When I was a vegetarian for 2 very long years it was one of the things that I craved so bad – they are delicious! Of course you can have a few and not overdo it, but normally I go all in and that is no good for anyone. One way to combat my urge to eat a whole plate of wings is to make these Sriracha Honey Glazed “wings” and eat them until I full. I mean a heaping plate full, not even joking. The key here, as you will see, is to use cauliflower instead of chicken wings and cook them just right with an amazing sauce. Will you feel the snap of the skin like you do with a wing? No, but that sounds even gross just typing it so maybe we can do without the Flintstone bones and feeling like a manly meateater and opt for some of these instead?
1 head of cauliflower
Pepper garlic powder
1/3 cup honey
1/3 cups Sriracha sauce
1 tsp crushed garlic
1 tsp soy sauce
1-2 tsp lime juice
1. Heat the oven to 400 ( or use an air fryer)
2. Chop up the cauliflower into pieces and layout on a non-stick cookie sheet
3. Sprinkle evenly with salt, pepper, cumin and garlic powder and toss to coat
4. Bake in oven for 25 minutes or until slightly brown and crunchy
5. Meanwhile, in a small sauce pan, combine all sauce ingredients and heat on low heat stirring continuously
6. Let bubble and Cooke for 3-5 minutes until it starts to get thicker making sure it doesn’t burn
7. Take cauliflower out of oven and toss in sauce to coat
8. Return to tray and cook for 10 more minutes
9. Enjoy!! I seriously can eat a whole head on my own lol.
You can dial up the honey or the Sriracha depending on whether you want it sweeter or spicier. If you like these, go ahead and experiment with some other wing sauces as well – it makes a great base to satisfy your cravings!
Click here for some more great recipes!