In honor of National Cheddar Cheese Day, which is everyday in our house, we opted to make the simplest and most addicting cheese recipe possible. Cheese Crisps. Yes, the same thing you can find at the store for $4 or $5 a bag and includes mostly air and is crumbs by the time you get it out of your car and home.
Whatever your special diet is that you are on, this will be a great snack you can enjoy! It will work the same with most other cheeses you find shredded at the store as well, so mix it up. I don’t think there is a National Pepper Jack Day, but we can always make it happen!
1 Cup Cheddar Cheese
Cayenne Pepper (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Spray a pan and place a sheet of parchment paper on top ( this will keep it from flapping in a convection oven). Don’t have parchment paper? I honestly get mine from the Dollar Tree – yes, as in everything is $1 store.
- Place small mounds of cheese ( a little over a tablespoon) evenly on the tray leaving at least an inch or more in between to allow for spreading.
- Add a dash of cayenne on top for a kick ( I do half and half for the kids)
- Place sheet in oven for 6-8 minutes. Be sure to watch that it doesn’t begin to get too brown on top as it can burn quickly.
- Remove from the oven and let cool before you remove them from the sheet
What is your favorite Cheddar Cheese recipe?