I am not going to lie here, the chocolate pasta was supposed to be the star of the show for this one because it is almost Valentine’s Day and that is perfect! Chocolate pasta can be served savory or sweet and is just a neat thing to look at ( plus easy to make!) That being said… my peanut butter sauce ended up being one of the best things I have ever made and therefore is now first. I’m not joking when I say the peanut butter sauce could be put over cardboard and still be delicious. Think of it as similar to the PB sauce at Dairy Queen or Friendly’s, but it’s homemade and you can make as little or as much as you want. You are welcome and I am sorry all at the same time 🙂
To answer your question, no, it is not healthy. Moderation people, it solves everything!
Peanut Butter Sauce
1 Cup Peanut Butter
2/3 Cup powdered sugar
1/2 Cup corn syrup
1/4 Cup water
1 Tsp Vanilla
Dash of salt
- Put all ingredients in pot/pan on stovetop at medium heat
- Continuously stir until smooth WARNING: This will be magma hot, resist taste testing
- Pour into airtight container and let cool. I prefer to store mine in the fridge for freshness.
As I mentioned before, the Chocolate pasta was supposed to be the star of this post. It has a hint of chocolate, but not super strong. If you want to bump it up in color and flavor, I suggest adding in chocolate syrup in lieu of some of the water.
1 1/2 Cups flour
1/4 Cup Cocoa Powder
1/4 Cup Olive Oil
4 Egg Yolks
Dash of Salt
1/4 – 1/2 Cup Water
- Put flour and cocoa on counter in a pile
- Make a well in the center
- Add in the salt, olive oil and egg yolks in the center
- Break up yolks with your fingers and mix slowly from the center out
- Knead until it begins to mix
- Slowly add in water a tablespoon at a time until it is a smooth dough and not sticky
- Separate into 2 disc size pieces and wrap in plastic wrap
- Store in fridge for 2 hours to let rest
I love my pasta roller, but it occurred to me while I made it that most people probably don’t have one lying around their house. ( I do recommend getting one though and they aren’t expensive at all! The one I use is here, check it out ) It is had to get super thin noodles hand rolling and mine tend to end up more like an egg noodle size.
To do it by hand, see the easiest way I do it below:
- Flour the surface heavily to ensure it doesn’t stick
- Take a quarter of the dough and begin to roll in all directions to flatten it evenly
- Make sure the top is floured as well to begin rolling
- Fold in half longways and continue folding in half until you can’t any more **Be sure to not push down on the dough as you fold it**
- Take a sharp knife and cut evenly down the roll. Mine are not very even….
- Unroll and let dry or place in boiling water immediately
- Fresh pasta should boil for approximately 3 minutes until done.
I hope you love these recipes as much as I do! I am thinking the Peanut Butter Sauce is a great thing to make and can to give people for Christmas next year too – who wouldn’t want that?!?
Looking for more Valentine’s Day ideas? Check out some of the other links like :
Which one is your favorite??
One thought on “Chocolate Pasta w/ Peanut Butter Sauce”