Anytime I see a great deal I just can’t pass it up. One example is when I was Aldi’s the other week and saw a great one on quinoa- score!!!! I got it home, put it away, and it sat. You see, I forgot a very key thing…… I hate quinoa.
So, I had to get creative and figure out a way to make it delicious! The answer- dessert!
I know…. how could quinoa make a dessert/candy? How about Clean with honey and coconut oil and all things that your body loves?! Even better, easy to make.
1/2 Cup quinoa
1/4 Cup oats
1/2 Cup chopped nuts (i prefer almonds)
Pinch of salt
2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
1/2 Cup Honey or Pure Maple Syrup
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2.Assemble all dry ingredients in a bowl and mix. Set aside.
3. Line a pan with parchment paper.
4. Place coconut oil and honey/syrup in a sauce pan and heat over medium heat for approximately 2-3 minutes until completely combined and starts to bubble.
5. Pour mixture into dry ingredients and stir until combined.
6. Spread evenly on baking sheet and place in the oven.
7. Cook for 15 minutes total turning the pan once halfway through.
8. Remove and let cool, then break into pieces.
9. Store in an airtight container and feel free to share!
Nobody will believe you that it is clean, keto friendly, healthy and easy to make. Kid approved and ready to create some more!