Poppable and creamy are normally the 2 things I want in a gametime snack or party appetizer. Stuffed mushrooms are one of those things that even people who don’t like mushrooms say ok, it’s stuff with cheese and bacon, I can eat that. They are meaty and filling and great for a crowd that has meat-eaters and vegetarians alike as they work for everyone as a snack or a mini meal. This version isn’t too spicy, but you can kick up the cayenne and make them really wake-up your crowd if you want to!
2/3 Cup Fat Free Cottage Cheese
8 oz mushrooms
¼ Cup Spinach
2 tablesppons Mozarella/Parmesean Cheese
Dash Garlic Powder
Dash Cayenne Pepper ( to taste )
Salt & pepper
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Take mushrooms and brush/rub dirt off of them. (Do not submerge in water to “wash”).
- Take stem out of it by pulling it out or twisting until removed – this should be really easy.
- Combine Cottage Cheese, cheese, garlic, salt and peppers until evenly mixed.
- Chop spinach and mix with the cheese mixture.
- Place mushrooms evenly on a tray. Fill each mushroom hole with mixture until it is heaping out a little bit.
- Place in over for 15 minutes uncovered.
- Remove from oven and WAIT a few minutes!!! They are delicious and enjoyable, but 3rd degree burns on your tongue are not!
Click here for more recipes that are great for snacking and getting ready for the big game!