Anyone else have a secret love affair with french fries? I love to eat healthy, and I never order them, but if there are fries put within my reach I will always ( and I mean ALWAYS ) steal some. The good news is that with a little bit of time you can make your own healthy-er loaded french fries at home and eat them without feeling your pants get tighter with every bite! These loaded french fries can be made as a side for dinner or as a larger portion for a party, such as the Super Bowl that is coming up. Even those that like the greasy oozing french fries will love this version topped with cheese and bacon.
Loaded French Fries
**Makes 2 servings**
1 Medium Potato
2 slices Turkey Bacon
1/4 Cup Natural Cheddar Cheese
2 Tsp Olive Oil
Dash of Salt
Dash of Pepper
Tablespoon Chopped Scallions
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees ( or use your air fryer if you have one – they are magical!)
- Chop potato into long shoestring size pieces
- Toss them in the olive oil and spread on baking sheet
- At the same time, place 2 slices of turkey bacon on cooking sheet as well
- Bake the potatoes for 25 minutes, putting the turkey bacon in for the last 10 to cook and become crisp
- Chop turkey bacon and set aside
- Toss hot fries with salt & pepper and plate up the fries while still hot
- Top with cheese & bacon evenly. Sprinkle with the chopped scallions and enjoy!
Click here for more recipes that are great for parties or football.