One of my favorite summertime treats are S’mores, but unfortunately with kids they can be a mess, and fire isn’t always the best thing to manage them around. When I worked at Sandy Hill Camp during college, we used to do bulk Smore’s in the oven, which is a GENIUS idea, and one that I do with my kids year round as a fun surprise. When we do our “campout’s in the back yard, this always a go to for us. (I know it can seem daunting, but there are some cheap and easy to assemble tents out there that will make your kids week and you can even set them up indoors during the winter!)
Pro’s: No Pointy sticks, No Fire, No burning of the mallows, You can bulk make them and eat away, Still delicious
Con’s: No such thing
Follow the quick and easy steps below to make your own s’mores, anytime that you want.
Graham Crackers ( I prefer HoneyMaid)
Chocolate – any kind ( have you even had a Reece’s S’more? do it!)
- Lay down foil in front of each child or adult child
- Place Graham Crackers ( 1 or 2 ) flat on the foil
- Place Chocolate on the base ( again, any kind, Andes mints anyone??)
- Top the chocolate with 1 Jumbo marshmallow or 2 regular size marshmallows
- Top with another Graham Cracker
- Fold over one long edge of the foil over the top of the crackers much like a burrito
- Fold in the ends and then the other side so it is completely enclosed
- Place your foil bundle(s) on a tray and put it in the oven on Broil for approximately 7/8 minutes. For me 5 isn’t enough and 10 can be too long, but all ovens vary.
- Take them out and enjoy!!
Some notes to remember:
- This is still a s’more with marshmallow magma on the inside. Please proceed with caution and do not burn your mouth!!
- Just because you made them in the oven and not over a firepit, calories do still count ( I double checked)
- Lastly, it is still marshmallow so prepare to be sticky and have a bit of a mess while eating. It is always worth it though!
What is your favorite thing to put in a s’more?