‘Tis the season for all things pumpkin spice and time for an all out brawl with tank top summer girls vs. slouchy sweater UGG boot girls. I personally love it, because although it is just starting to feel like summer here in the Midwest (not even joking), I can stock up on my canned pumpkin for all of my favorite recipes!
One of my favorite recipes that works well with the pumpkin spice season, but also when it is not super cold out yet, is my clean and healthy gluten free pumpkin chocolate chip edible cookie dough. Ok, so the chocolate chips are not “really” clean, but cacao nibs just aren’t the same, and a tablespoon of chocolate chips never hurt anyone.
I love this because:
- It can be made in a food processor in less than 5 minutes
- It is healthy and full of natural protein and fiber
- Gluten free, Nut Free & Dairy Free means it is very allergen friendly
- Takes care of the pumpkin spice fix at a fraction of the cost of a pumpkin spice latte
- Is a healthy no guilt treat for yourself of your kids to snack on as much as you want
- Great for breakfast, snack, dessert etc
1 can chickpeas (drained, set aside liquid)
¼ Cup Gluten Free Oats
½ Cup Pumpkin Puree ( not pie mix)
¼ Tsp salt
2 Tblsp Honey
¼ Tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
¼ Cup Chocolate Chip ( if wanted)
- Place all ingredients into a food processor except for the liquid held back from the chickpeas and the chocolate chips
- Puree until somewhat mixed
- Add in approximately ¼ to ½ cup of retained liquid and mix until smooth consistency
- Remove from processor and place in bowl
- Stir in Chocolate chips and serve
This cookie dough is great eaten with just a spoon and is a very filling snack or dessert! You can also use it as a dip with grahm crackers, Nilla Wafers, apple slices etc. either as is or by adding more liquid to make it a little less stiff.
I am glad that it is pumpkin spice season for another 2 months and will be busy cooking away. For more Pumpkin ideas, visit my post last year with a lot of great healthy pumpkin recipes for the whole family. Drop a comment or message me and let me know if you try any of them – I’d love to know!