One of my favorite summertime treats are S’mores, but unfortunately with kids they can be a mess, and fire isn’t always the best thing to manage them around. When I worked at Sandy Hill Camp during college, we used to do bulk Smore’s in the oven, which is a GENIUS idea, and one that I do with my kids year round as a fun surprise. When we do our “campout’s in the back yard, this always a go to for us.
Pro’s: No Pointy sticks, No Fire, No burning of the mallows, You can bulk make them and eat away, Still delicious
Con’s: No such thing
Follow the quick and easy steps below to make your own s’mores, anytime that you want.
Graham Crackers ( I prefer HoneyMaid)
Chocolate – any kind ( have you even had a Reece’s S’more? do it!)
- Lay down foil in front of each child or adult child
- Place Graham Crackers ( 1 or 2 ) flat on the foil
- Place Chocolate on the base ( again, any kind, Andes mints anyone??)
- Top the chocolate with 1 Jumbo marshmallow or 2 regular size marshmallows
- Top with another Graham Cracker
- Fold over one long edge of the foil over the top of the crackers much like a burrito
- Fold in the ends and then the other side so it is completely enclosed
- Place your foil bundle(s) on a tray and put it in the oven on Broil for approximately 7/8 minutes. For me 5 isn’t enough and 10 can be too long, but all ovens vary.
- Take them out and enjoy!!
Some notes to remember:
- This is still a s’more with marshmallow magma on the inside. Please proceed with caution and do not burn your mouth!!
- Just because you made them in the oven and not over a firepit, calories do still count ( I double checked)
- Lastly, it is still marshmallow so prepare to be sticky and have a bit of a mess while eating. It is always worth it though!
What is your favorite thing to put in a s’more?