It’s Halloween party time at school! The dreaded e-mail/text chain from the class mom that reminds you to bring something in and you are yet again reminded that you don’t have time (or the mental capacity) to be “that mom”. Don’t worry – I got you covered mama! The easiest Halloween snack that is nut free and super easy to make that will make you look like you are actually a crafty mom with time on your hands to do this kind of stuff! It takes no time at all and the kids can even help out ( just remind them not to lick their fingers).
What you need:
White Chocolate Candy Coating
2 Cookie trays
(all of these can be bought at Wal-Mart or Target)
- Fill a large glass measuring cup with the chocolate melts
- Heat for 25 seconds at a time stirring in between (do not heat longer because if it overheats, it will break and be ruined)
- Continue this until it is a smooth and fully melted mixture
- Dip 1 pretzel rod into the mixture and cover almost half of the way up. Be sure to let some of the excess chocolate drip off
- Lay on the cookie sheet and place 2 eyes on the rod approximately an inch down
- Continue until you have as many as you need laid out on the trays
- Get a strong plastic baggie and place half a cup of chocolate candy pieces inside
- Melt for 25 seconds at a time. Be sure to take it out and squeeze it with your hand in between to help mix and evenly melt.
- Once melted, take to the trays and snip off the tip of an edge
- Drizzle back and forth, one diagonals and across the eyes however you want – remember, mummies are disheveled!!
- Once complete, place in the refrigerator to help them set
- Remove once cooled and store in an airtight container so they don’t get soft
See! Easy peasy and also easy to clean up from which is a major bonus. Let me know if you try them and what your family thought!