Unlimited chips and dip with spinach artichoke dip can be very dangerous, so why not make it somewhat guilt free? I mean, it has 2 vegetables in the name so it “should” be healthy for you, right? Unfortunately regular spinach artichoke dip is far from healthy. Lucky for you, I bit the bullet and tried out a bunch of recipes to get the one that I think taste pretty darn close to the kind you get out at restaurants, only with a fraction of the calories and guilt! It is great as a dip, sandwiches spread or even a pizza sauce base with chicken ( mind blown!).
Spinach Artichoke Dip
1 1/2 Cups heaping cup raw spinach or 1/2 cup cooked
½ Cup chopped artichoke hearts ( in brine )
½ Cup Fat Free Cottage Cheese
¼ Cup Plain Fat Free Greek Yogurt
¼ Cup Grated Mozarella & Parmesean Cheese ( split into 2 equal parts)
Dash of Salt
Dash of Pepper
Dash of Garlic Powder
Dash of Red Pepper Flakes
- If not cooked, cook spinach and drain until all liquid has been released.
- In a small food processor or blender, mix cottage cheese, yogurt, ½ of the cheese, salt, pepper, garlic & pepper until smooth.
- In another bowl, mix the chopped artichoke hearts and chopped spinach.
- Add the cheese/liquid mixture to the vegetables and mix thoroughly.
- Put in serving bowl (bowls) and top with remaining cheese.
You can eat this cold which is great or you can heat it up in a 350 degree oven for approximately 10 minutes. You can also heat it in the microwave and just broil it for a few minutes to get finish it off as well.
Click here for more great snacking recipes.