Few things are better than curling up on a couch on a cold fall or winter day and watching some football with a bowl full of chili. Even better, a healthy chili that you can eat bowls of with zero guilt! My go to chili recipe is great and hearty as a stand alone or also great served with fresh cornbread or chips.
**This is 4 servings**
1 lb Lean Ground Turkey
3 Cup Diced tomatoes ( if using cans, make sure there is no added sugar)
1 Cup Onion
1 Cup Chopped sweet and spicy peppers
½ Cup Chopped Celery
½ Cup Chopped Carrots
1 Tsp Chili Powder
1 Tsp Garlic
1 Tsp Cumin
½ Tsp Cayenne
½ Tsp Red Pepper Flakes
½ Tsp Salt
½ Tsp Pepper
- Put all of the vegetables into the bottom of a crockpot
- Evenly place the raw meat over the top of it
- Sprinkle the seasonings over the top of the meat
- Pour the water over tip and place on the lid
- Let cook for 4-6 hours on low or until it is thoroughly cooked
- Enjoy alone or top with cheddar cheese and Nonfat greek yogurt to spice it up!
Click here for more great tailgate recipes!